Monday, April 30, 2012

Umbrellas

We started our Weather unit today and our first topic was rain. And what goes perfectly with rain? Umbrellas, of course! The kids colored a coffee filter, but instead of using markers they used these:
They are like the generic version of Do-a-Dot markers, but skinnier. The kids made designs on the coffee filters,
then I sprayed them with water.
When they were dry, I cut umbrellas out of them. I got the template from a book I found on one of my shelves. Then I cut handles out of construction paper and glued them on.
On the handles, I wrote what the kids like to do when it rains. I also made a duck (from a coloring sheet, found here) and umbrella and wrote on a cloud, "Waddle you do if it rains?"
Get it? I totally stole that from the genius over at A Cupcake for the Teacher!

Sorry about the pictures. We have skinny halls and bright walls. It looks great, but not the best for taking pictures!

2 comments:

Learn with Play at Home said...

They look fabulous! What a great activity and display :)

Nancy said...

Love this one. Especially the little duck and his comment. It is so pretty when you do colors like that on coffee filters. Jackson did a big one back in preschool and I framed it between two pieces of glass and have it hanging in a window. I love looking at it when the sun is shining through.