Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stained Glass Earths

I have a simple craft to share with you today. We used tissue paper to make Earth suncatchers. In addition to the tissue paper, I also set out crepe paper squares. I thought it would give the earths some texture.
I made a circle on white paper (by tracing one of the bowls in the above picture) and the kids painted it with watered-down glue.
Then they added the tissue and crepe paper.
And finally they brushed on another layer of glue.
I was thinking of giving them a coloring page of the earth so they would know where to put the land and where to put the water, but then I thought, why can't they make the earth any way they want? So that's what they did and the earths turned out beautifully.


Here's a close-up of the crepe paper:
I love the texture!
If you like these, check out our stained glass apples and seahorses!

**Linking up to Sharing Saturday!**

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So fun, Betsy! I always love the different crafts you share. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a fabulous week!