Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Penguins

We learned about penguins today! So fun! I prepared a simple craft for the kids but didn't show them any example of what it could look like when finished. I just laid out all the pieces and told them to have fun with it. Here's what they started with:
And here is what they turned into:


I love how different they are! To display them, I cut up and layered some white paper to look like glaciers or snow hills. Then I scattered the penguins on top of it and added "Just Chillin'."


I tried to position them based on what they looked like they were doing. This one is sliding down a hill!
They are so fun to look at!

Fun Fact: Millions of years ago, penguins could fly. But over time they gave up their ability to fly for the ability to swim and dive. Their big wings, which would have been useless in the water, gradually became smaller and stiffer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh, this is so dang cute!!! Like I said before, you need to publish a book for classroom displays. Seriously, these are adorable!

Love and Lollipops said...

these are sooo cute :)