Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Heart Art

Today we learned about our heart. For the art project I cut several pieces of white paper diagonally and used double-stick tape to attach them to pieces of red paper.
As you can see, I didn't cut very straight. It doesn't really matter. Then I put some heart-shaped cookie cutters into paint
and the kids got busy stamping.


I love how the two-toned paper adds a little something extra. And because we learned about our heart, I made heart-shaped jigglers from four different flavors of jello.
I had plenty left over to share with other classes. So what's my secret to getting jigglers to come out of the pan so easily? PAM. Yep, that's right. The whole "dip the pan into hot water" thing never worked for me. So one day I decided to spray the pan with PAM, rub it around with a paper towel, and pour in the jello. Sure enough, it worked like a charm! Now I do that all the time. And the bottom of the jigglers aren't slimy at all. They're perfect!

1 comment:

nancy said...

Thanks for the jiggler suggestion. Now I need to try it.