Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bubble-Blowin' Art

After learning how our lungs work today, we did a very fun activity. This is something I've been doing for years, and always thought it was kind of unique, but since I've started blogging I've noticed it all over the place. I filled 4 bowls with soapy water and added lots of food coloring.
I used the neon colors.
I cut out hearts from white construction paper and cut straws in half. The kids put their straws in the bowls and used their lungs to blow bubbles. (See how I tied it into our theme?)
Then they gently placed their paper on top of the bubbles,
which made them pop, leaving a colorful design behind.



So pretty, right? Then I dug out an alligator (or is it a dragon?) blowing bubbles that I made years ago
and hung up all the hearts next to it, like he was blowing heart-shaped bubbles.
And with Valentine's Day right around the corner, it's the perfect display to get us in the mood.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We haven't tried this before but knowing how often I get mad at my kids for blowing bubbles in their milk, I know they would love this. I love them hung up with dragon. It's really cute!

Betsy said...

Ha! That's how I described it to the kids. "It's like blowing bubbles in your milk!" Make sure they blow gently, though, or they could end up with polka dots on their faces!