Sunday, January 22, 2012

Counting With Snowmen

I skipped out for the weekend to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday, but now I'm back home and wanted to show you something my kids did on Friday as part of our Winter unit. It's another fabulous idea I got from I Heart Crafty Things. I wrote 5 numbers randomly on the bottom of a piece of paper.
Each paper had a different sequence of numbers. Then, because we didn't have any bingo dot markers, I put some corks into bowls of paint.
The kids used the corks to paint the correct amount of dots above the number. The dots were placed on top of each other to make snowmen.
When they were dry, the kids used markers to add the snowman features.


They turned out really cute! And when they were done with the counting sheets, I let them paint whatever they wanted with the corks. It was fun!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love them! I like you put the numbers randomly. Wish I would have done that.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Sharing your link on www.multiplication.com! You have SO many great ideas!

Betsy said...

Thank you, Elicia!