Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Patchwork Hearts

I love today's project. The kids had so much fun doing it. I cleaned my craft closet over the weekend and found a bunch of valentine scrap paper.
I thought it would be perfect for some sort of valentine project. So I started thinking about it and came up with this idea. I cut out hearts from white construction paper.
Then I cut up the scrap paper into smaller pieces and put them out with glue sticks and scissors. The kids cut up the paper any way they liked and glued it to the heart.

I trimmed the pieces that hung over the edges and the result was a beautiful patchwork heart.

Then I laminated them and wrote their names on them with Sharpies.
I found red lunch bags at Target and bought them to use as Valentine bags, so I'll just add the heart to the bag before our party!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This came out great! I just pinned it!

Lisa
Criss-Cross Applesauce