Monday, October 29, 2012

Yummy Mummies

I thought I had posted about this craft last year, but I can't find it so I guess I didn't. I only have a few pictures, but it should be easy enough to figure out. First I taped Tootsie Pops to plastic spoons.
Then the kids wrapped toilet paper around the spoon and sucker. (I taped the paper to the spoon to help them get started.)
I also taped the end of the last piece so it wouldn't come undone. Then the kids used a marker to make eyes on the front where the sucker is. And that's how we made yummy mummies!
And speaking of mummies, we went to a pumpkin patch on Friday and not only did each kid get to take a pumpkin home, but we also picked one for our classroom. We decorated it as a mummy, by wrapping it in toilet paper and using Mr. Potato Head arms. I also used glue dots to attach eyeball ping pong balls that I had. We named her Mumma-Mia, or Mia for short.
She now sits in a chair by our classroom door and greets visitors!
I've done a mummy pumpkin like this in the past, along with an M&M guy and an owl. See those here.

No comments: