Thursday, October 25, 2012

Witch Legs Craft

I saw this SUPER CUTE craft on flickr by artsy_T. I think I ended up there from a google search awhile ago. Please check them out. They will make you smile! Her 5th grade class made them, but I knew I'd be able to do it with my 4-year-olds. I think her kids cut everything themselves, so to simplify it I cut out the legs, shoes and skirts. I gave the kids the option of cutting their own skirts and many wanted to, but when it came time to make the craft, they just used my pre-cut skirts. The skirts I cut free-hand, making a few different ones. And the shoes I drew myself. I was planning on making a few, but ended up just using one kind. For the tights, I used a paper cutter and made 2-inch strips from neon paper. And then I took a few of those strips and cut them into 1/2-inch strips for the stripes. The kids first glued the stripes onto the tights.
Then they glued them to a big piece of construction paper, after drawing a black line across the page to separate the wall from the floor. And then they glued on the shoes.
Finally they glued on the skirt.
If it stuck up over the top of the page, which most did, I just trimmed it off. To finish the project, they could draw a mouse hole and a spider coming down from a thread of silk. I wasn't planning on having them do this, but artsy_T's had them and it was so darn cute. Her kids also used lace to trim their skirts and shoes, but I didn't have any. I think they still look completely adorable and couldn't resist taking a picture of each and every one for you! Don't worry, I had a very small class today.





 (See the "invisible spider" above?)

Here they are displayed outside our classroom door.
Don't you just love them?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am madly in love with these witch legs!! ABSOLUTELY DARLING!!

Anonymous said...

This is probably one of the cutest Halloween art projects I've ever seen. I look forward to being able to make them! Thanks so much for sharing this!