Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Astronaut Pictures

When we learned about astronauts yesterday, I thought it would be fun to make a little project where the kids are astronauts. So first they colored a space scene on black paper using oil pastels.
Then I took their pictures in front of black paper (although that wasn't really necessary) and printed them out really small. They're called contacts and they are only about an inch big so it's perfect. I cut the heads out and put them into the heads of the astronauts. This is my example:
So I just cut out the circle on the face and replaced it with a child's face.
 And I hung them all up with the words, "Reaching for the Stars."
I can't seem to find that picture of the astronaut again, but there are several out there that would work just fine. All you have to do is google it!

No comments: