Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Display

This display is for the end of the summer, but it takes a bit of planning so I will show it to you now. I made it about 5 or 6 years ago. I only took a picture so I'd remember it. I never thought I would want to show other people, let alone blog about it. So forgive me if my photo is subpar. I totally copied this idea, but instead of using Tinker Toys, I used straws.
Ha! I warned you the picture would be bad. I took the picture while the display was on my living room floor. I think I was kind of embarrassed back then to take pictures of my own displays at work. Not anymore! Anyway, I spent a few days taking pictures of the kids on our playground and at a park. Then I glued colored straws onto a big piece of felt. The sand castle was made out of sand paper (my sister Suzie actually made that!) and the sprinkler was made with glue and glitter. I added the title, "Summer playin' had us a blast!" It was a take on an ol' Grease song. Sadly, not everyone got the reference. Here are some close-ups:
I had fun making it, and I really loved it, but I don't think I would ever make another one. Now I try to put up displays mostly made by the children, not me. What do you think? Would you ever make one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Julie

English said...

this is a fabulous idea!