Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mona Lisa Paintings

Continuing with our trip to Europe, today the Pre-K class went to Italy! I talked a little bit about the Italian artist Leonardo da Vinci and his Mona Lisa. I found a coloring sheet of the Mona Lisa at Enchanted Learning.
The kids painted it with watercolors. When they were dry I framed them with construction paper. It was a little hard to do because once the paper was painted, it wasn't flat anymore. If I was patient, I would have flattened them overnight, but I was eager to put these on display. Before hanging them, however, I asked each child why Mona Lisa is smiling! I wrote down their responses and attached them to the frames.
I displayed them in the hall right outside our room.
It looks great and the parents loved the responses! And the kids got another stamp in their passports, of course!

2 comments:

Sarah Kortenkamp said...

Love these - creative and educational!

Betsy said...

Thanks, Sarah! I didn't know you were still following my blog. Cool!