Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Passports

To go with our Europe theme this week, we made passports!
The cover was some clip-art from a greeting card program I own, and I added our center's name and Pre-K to the bottom. I made the little books by folding a piece of red paper in half then adding white paper to the inside and stapling it. Before I did that, though, I printed the passport information on the red paper. It has their name, date of birth, and the date issued. Then I made a space for them to "sign" their name and added a small picture to the corner.
I also printed out a bunch of travel and landmark clip-art and cut them up.
I printed them on label paper so they would be stickers. I didn't want the kids to use glue sticks because I thought the pages might stick together. They picked out a few stickers to place in their passport.
And then I stamped it and wrote what country they visited. Today it was Germany.
Tomorrow it will be Italy!

2 comments:

Susan said...

GREAT IDEA!! I love your work!
Thanks for sharing!

Betsy said...

Thanks for your kind words and all your comments, Susan!