Monday, July 18, 2011

Shoe Print Monsters

This week's theme is Monsters! I actually call it "Wild Things" after the book Where the Wild Things Are. After reading the story and acting it out a couple times, we headed to the art table to make monsters out of our shoe prints. (I got the idea for this here.)
That big ol' foot is mine. The kids' are much cuter. The main thing I want to get across this week is that monsters are only in our imaginations and they don't have to be scary. They can be anything we want them to be. So we started with a shoe-print rubbing. I actually did this for the kids because they were having trouble holding the paper on their wobbly shoes.
After I cut it out, the kids glued it on paper and used markers to turn it into a monster.
Check out these creatures:


We had some great wild things!

No comments: