Thursday, October 24, 2013

Puffy Paint Pumpkins

Here's a simple project that the kids loved. I mixed up some shaving cream, Elmer's glue and food coloring to make orange and green puffy paint. The kids painted a pumpkin shape that I had glued to black paper (just like our Pop Rocks Pumpkins, only different colors). I reminded the kids to paint it on really thick and not spread it out a lot. That would make it puffy when it dried.
I had cut out a bunch of triangles from black craft foam. The kids added a face to their pumpkin. Even though the paint was made with glue, we still used a little glue on the craft foam, just in case.
For the mouths, I cut out semicircles,
and cut out the number of teeth each child asked for.
The orange ended up drying much darker, which was a nice surprise.
I still have a few more Halloween crafts for you, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Carolyn Kisloski said...

This is adorable! Thank you so much for sharing! That was probably good to add glue- I made those glue ghosts and THOUGHT the eyes would stick on better since it was GLUE- but some did fall off! LOVE these pumpkins!
Carolyn
Kindergartern: Holding Hands and Sticking Together