Monday, October 21, 2013

Adorable Spiders

Yeah, that's right. Adorable spiders.
Told you! That's my little girl. I used her face on my example. I got this idea from Mrs. Butterfield's First Grade. The kids painted 2-inch styrofoam balls. I stuck toothpicks in them so they could have something to hold on to while they painted.
Then I stuck them in a big piece of cardboard to dry.
I took pictures of the kids sticking pipe cleaners in them, but they seem to have vanished. What I did was use a sharpie to make 8 dots, 4 on each side of the ball, and that's where the kids put the pipe cleaners. (Each leg was half of a pipe cleaner.) I had taken pictures of the kids making a "spider face," whatever that meant to them. Then I cut them out and used a glue dot to attach them to the styrofoam ball.
So cute! I considered having them add 6 wiggle eyes to their head, so the spider would have 8 eyes, but I liked them too much as is.
I hung them from the lights by sticking paper clips into them.

Ain't she sweet? Love that look she's giving me. And speaking of my daughter, here is a pumpkin baby she gave to her day care teacher:
I got the idea from a Family Fun magazine. I found a small pumpkin with a long curly stem. I used a sharpie to draw the eyes and tied a ribbon on the stem.
I cut the nipple off a pacifier and used hot glue to attach it to the pumpkin.
(Thanks to my honey for taking those fancy photos!)
I had to snap a quick photo of Elise with the pumpkin before we left this morning.
I might have to make another one to keep here at home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are adorable and OMG your daughter is darling!! Such a cute baby pumpkin!