Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thidwick, the Big-Hearted Moose

I wanted to do a craft that went along with a Dr. Seuss book that was a little less common. When I found Thidwick, the Big-Hearted Moose, I thought it would be perfect. I had never read it before and none of the kids in my class had, either.
Although I found several cute moose crafts online, I wanted to keep it simple. I could go into labor any day now and I didn't want anything complicated for my sub. So I found a coloring sheet of a cute moose (here) and traced just the head onto another piece of paper.
The kids drew creatures on the antlers (to go along with the story) using pens and crayons. I told them they could make up their own critters, as Dr. Seuss often does.
 
Then they colored their moose.


The kids did a great job drawing their creatures!

No comments: