Monday, February 25, 2013

The Sneetches

We started our Dr. Seuss theme today and the kids made adorable Sneetches! I got the handprint idea from The Schroeder Page, but I changed everything else about it to put my own spin on it. I only painted each child's palm and thumb, then they made a print. The thumb is the Sneetch's nose. Then I cut out some simple bodies from yellow construction paper. They were just oval-ish with a "stem" at the top. The kids added facial features, hair, arms and legs with markers. They could also add a green star to the belly. (Those were made with a star hole punch.)
 
The kids got VERY creative and the Sneetches turned out so cute. Forgive me for showing you so many up close!


 
This next one has a baby in her tummy!
And this one is dressed for winter!
Ahhhh! I love them all!

2 comments:

Tonii said...

These sneetches are one of the cutest things I have seen! We are doing a lot of Dr. Seuss activities at our house this week and this would fit in perfectly! I found you from I Heart Crafty Things and I am so glad I did...I'm excited to be your newest follower!

Tonii
Blue Skies Ahead
www.ptskjohnson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is such a delightful craft. I will have my second graders do everything but the handprint by themselves. It's sure to be a hit! Thanks so much for sharing your creative idea.