Thursday, February 7, 2013

Love and Kisses

I finally got my Valentine's Day display done in our hallway. I'm sure you've seen this many times over, but I'm sharing it anyway. I started by printing out a big chocolate kiss (found through a google image search),
tracing it onto card stock paper, cutting it out and wrapping it in aluminum foil.

Then I put red, pink and purple food coloring in little cups of corn syrup. The kids painted their kisses with the corn syrup.

I asked them to make designs instead of covering the entire kiss in syrup and they actually listened to me! Yay! (I didn't want them to take forever to dry.)
After two days of drying time, I thought they were ready to hang up. If you touched them lightly, they weren't sticky, but if you pushed on the syrup, it would leave a fingerprint. But I was pretty confident that the syrup wouldn't run down the wall after hanging them. (That has happened in the past!) So I added a tag to them with the child's name.
And I hung up the title "Love and Kisses" and displayed the candy kisses all around.

It was a fun project -- the kids love painting with things other than paint!

No comments: