Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Floss-Painted Hearts

We are doing a dental theme this week, so yesterday the kids painted with floss! We did this activity last year, but this year I decided to turn it into a Valentine's Day craft to help decorate our room. So I put out 6 different colors of paint and added a piece of floss to each of them.
The paintbrushes were used to push the floss down into the paint, otherwise it would just sit on top. And we made sure to leave part of the floss out of the paint so we'd have something clean to hang on to. The kids just dragged the floss across their paper, which had a heart on it.

It made very skinny lines, but I thought it looked cool!
Then I cut them out and hung them on our door.
I was thinking of adding words to them, like conversation hearts, but I thought I'd screw up and mess up their beautiful art. So I left them alone.

No comments: