Monday, February 18, 2013

Brain Puzzles

We are learning how our bodies work this week, and today was all about the brain! I found a great picture of the different brain parts from The Crafty Classroom.
I wanted one that was black and white, though, so I traced it onto another piece of paper.
Then I cut it up into 5 sections. I put the colored copy on the art table as a guide and the kids put the pieces of their brain back together.

Once they had it together, they used a glue stick to attach it to a piece of construction paper.
(Such concentration that little girl has!) Then the kids colored their brains with crayons.
 

I told the kids that the one thing I want them to learn about the brain is that it's the boss of the body. So all day long they were saying, "The brain is the boss of the body!" We'll see if they still remember tomorrow.

No comments: