Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hey Diddle Diddle

We are practicing our rhyming this week by learning about nursery rhymes. We talked about Hey Diddle Diddle today and I was trying to decide on a craft for it. Should we do the little dog? The cat? The cow? What about the dish and the spoon? But then I saw this bulletin board display at Creative Tots and decided to make all the pieces! I googled Hey Diddle Diddle coloring sheets for most of it, but the dish and spoon I traced (using a plate and spoon from our kitchen area). The kids picked whichever one they wanted and painted it with watercolors.

When they were dry, the kids who made dishes and spoons added faces to them.
I cut them all out, made a big moon, and displayed it on the wall.
We had the cows,
and the cats and dogs.
But I think my favorite are the dish and spoon sets.
 
So cute! Check out our other Mother Goose crafts: Humpty Dumpty, Hickory Dickory Dock, Baa Baa Black Sheep, and Mother Goose.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, you are after my own heart. Hazel just asked me to day to be the dish and spoon with her. We have done many Hey Diddle Diddle crafts including making the dish and spoon from paper plates and plastic spoons. Also a great book to check out--And the Dish Ran Away with the Spoon by Janet Stevens. It is out of print, but was available at our library. She loves it and it would be great to go with any rhyme unit.

Ashley said...

You always have such cute crafts! To recognize how much I appreciate your blog; I am nominating you for a Liebster Award! Please visit my post for details: http://lifewithmoorebabies.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-nomination.html