Friday, February 24, 2012

Wagon Wheel Pasta Prints

Some of you may have noticed I've been "quiet" much of this week. We are doing The Five Senses, and since I've already shared that unit, I didn't blog about it again. I have a different group of kids, so I pretty much did the same projects as last time. Like textured finger painting:
And corn syrup art:
But I wanted to throw something new in, just for fun. I didn't plan on it going with the theme, but it could easily be worked in. I've always liked the look of wagon wheel pasta, and I thought it would make fun prints, but how would the kids hold on to it? Corks, of course! So I took some wagon wheels,
and hot-glued them to corks. (The only reason why I used colored pasta is because that's all I had!)
I had no idea if this would work. I googled it, but didn't find anything. So when I got to school this morning, I tried it out and it worked great! I was thrilled!
So the kids got to work dipping the corks into paint,
and stamping it on their paper.
I think I had more fun than the kids!
The corks and pasta and glue held up great. Now I'm trying to come up with other things to glue to corks to make my own stamps!
Oh, and in other news, we finally got some snow. It was so pretty, but melted fast.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

these are so cute, Betsy!! I just pinned them. I would love it if you would share them at Sharing Saturday. It will be up and running soon for this week!

Books4Learning said...

wonderful activity! thanks for sharing :)

Carrie said...

Thank you for sharing this at Sharing Saturday, Betsy!! Have you used any other shaped pasta for painting? I'm definitely going to try this. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Betsy said...

Carrie, the only other pasta I've used was cooked fettuccine noodles. The kids dipped them in paint and dragged them across their paper. But I'm always on the lookout now for new ways to paint!

Unknown said...

Those homemade stamps are so great! I love stamping with found objects. We're going to be doing some circle prints with that technique soon!