Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hot Air Balloons

For my Valentine's display, I cut out hot air balloon shapes from white paper.
Then I put marbles in cups of paint.
The kids marble-painted their balloons.
They turned out very cool, although they did crinkle and curl as they dried so I had to flatten them for about 24 hours.
I cut out little baskets and asked each child who she or he loved. I wrote their answers on the baskets.
I asked one child who he loved, and without a moment's hesitation he said, "Elephants." It was so cute! Anyway, I used yarn to attach the baskets to the balloons.

I dug out some clouds that I made years ago which had "Love is in the air" printed on them.
I put those up in the hall with all the hot air balloons.

Everyone is enjoying reading the baskets! I wish I had printed out a picture of the child to put in the basket. That would have been adorable!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DARLING!! You are so creative!