Monday, April 20, 2015

Pretty Peacocks

I've done peacock crafts in the past (here and here) and loved them, but I wanted to try something different this year. If you remember my turkey craft from tissue boxes, I said I was saving the blue boxes for peacocks. I loved the design.
For this craft I cut really long rounded feathers, which means I didn't get as many feathers from each box as I had hoped. So I also cut some feathers from construction paper. First the kids glued the feathers onto a semi-circle.
Then they dipped their thumb in glue and made prints on the feathers. I received some teal glitter from CraftProjectIdeas.com and sprinkled it on the glue prints. It was the perfect finishing touch.
The body of the peacock was made the same as the other crafts.
Blue cocktail toothpicks were added to the head for the crest and the body was glued onto the feathers.


The kids didn't fill out their peacocks the way I did, so I probably would have had enough tissue box feathers, but I like the mixture anyway.

Fun Fact: The train of a peacock can be up to six feet long!

No comments: