Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Glittery Snowmen

I have a very cute snowman project to share with you today! And it all started when my husband washed some jello cups. I asked him why and he said, "I thought you could use them for a craft." (Ahhh, be still my heart.) So I noticed the size, then looked over to the K-Cups, which were a little smaller. Aha! With one more circular object, we could make a snowman! I found styrofoam cups in our closet and the three went together perfectly.
The jello cup was Temptations Strawberry Cheesecake, in case you are wondering! Mmmmm....
As you can see, I also used Martha Stewart's coarse glitter. Normally I would never use such expensive glitter on a kid's project, but I already had it and it really was exactly what I needed. But I think any glitter would work just fine.
I put a bunch of glue onto 3 paper plates and added the cups upside down.
The kids stamped the cups onto white paper, from biggest to smallest.
Then I added the glitter.
Yes, I did that part. Because it was mine from home, I didn't want it wasted. And you know kids use way too much and get it everywhere!! I shook off the extra glitter (and put it back in the bottle, of course!) and we waited for the glue to dry.
I'm sure you could also use white paint instead of glue, but I love the way it dried. Nothing but glitter! In the afternoon, the kids added hats and carrot noses which I had cut from craft foam. They also drew faces and stick arms.
I had bought a bag of buttons from Oriental Trading and had to laugh when I saw the warning label:
Not for children under 14?! I guess there are a lot of 13-year-olds putting buttons in their mouths! So anyway, the kids also added some buttons to their snowmen (as I watched them like a hawk -- not one child tried to eat them). A couple kids chose to have a button nose instead of a carrot, which was cute. But the snowmen seemed a little lonely.
So I dug out some snowflake stamps and ink pads and the kids added some snow.
Now they seem happier, right?
I love the way they turned out!
They each have their own personality! So forgive me if I show you pictures of each and every one. I couldn't leave any out!





Aren't they adorable?

No comments: