Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cute-as-a-Button Wreaths

I wanted to share what my kids made as a holiday gift for their parents. I don't have any step-by-step pictures (it was a crazy day!), but it's pretty easy. I cut the middle out of small paper plates and the kids painted the rims green. When the paint was dry, they glued on some festive buttons. These were the same buttons we used for our Glittery Snowmen craft. I put a picture of the kids in the middle of the wreath and added a paper bow. It's a coloring sheet of a bow that I printed really small on red and green paper. And after seeing the cute-as-a-button idea that Little Illuminations did, I knew I had to add that saying to our wreaths. So I used PicMonkey to add the words to the bow.
These wreaths are very similar to ones we made last year, except we used beads to decorate them. And those were turned into ornaments. So this year I decided to put magnets on the back instead. They turned out really cute!


2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, I love them!!

Melissa said...

They certainly are cute! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to seeing more of your clever crafts next year.