Sunday, August 10, 2014

Paper Plate Dinosaurs


I love this dinosaur craft. I found free templates at The Craft Train that were specifically made to go with paper plates. I printed them out on card stock. When cutting them out, I doubled the number of legs on the template to give the dinosaurs a more three-dimensional look.
First the kids painted half a paper plate using pom poms.
Then they picked which dinosaur they wanted to make and I cut out the pieces. The legs were all attached with glue dots, but either the head or tail was attached with a brass fastener so the kids could move them up and down. Then they added a wiggle eye and decorated them with markers.



I hung them around our Dino Camp sign. (Read more about our Dino Camp here.)
Thanks to The Craft Train for the free templates!

2 comments:

Diane said...

The craft Train is now charging 9.99 for their template set.


Betsy said...

Diane, I'm sorry to hear that. I was able to find many free templates through a quick google image search, so you can always go that route.