Thursday, July 18, 2013

Paper Pom Poms

To go with our sports theme this week, we made some simple pom poms! I cut a bunch of neon paper into 1/4-inch strips.
I was planning on using our paper shredder, but I forgot that it was broken until last night when I asked my husband where it was. Oops! But using a paper cutter wasn't so bad. I cut contact paper into rectangles that were the same width as a piece of paper. The kids stuck the strips of paper onto the contact paper.

Then I flipped it over and stuck the whole thing to a half-sheet of neon paper.
After that, all I had to do was roll the paper up and tape it closed. Ta-dah!
Obviously, the more strips of paper you use, the fuller your pom pom will be. But trust me, the kids were ready to quit after only a few and I had to encourage them to do more. Then I got a picture of the kids shaking them in front of our Play Ball wall!
They are actually quite fun. I was playing around with one during nap time (shhh!) and I was so enthralled with it. I think they would be fun to make in red, white and blue for Independence Day, or as a New Year's Eve party toy!

No comments: