Sunday, January 15, 2017

Paper Towel Suncatchers

I recently bought paper towels with Frozen characters on them. I thought my daughter would like to paint them. We had Anna, Elsa and Olaf.
I decided to trace Anna and Olaf with a black Sharpie to make it easier for my 3-year-old, but I left Elsa alone because I was curious which would look better.
I experimented with a couple different paints to see what worked best. I had regular watercolors and glitter acrylic paint which I received from CraftProjectIdeas.com. We started with Olaf.
The watercolors were brighter, but they needed a lot of water. We kept having to dip the brush in water in order to get the paint to spread. The glitter paints were easier to work with, but often quite pale so we needed a lot. When she was done painting, I thought it would look neat hanging in a window with the sun shining in.
By the time we got around to painting Anna and Elsa, my daughter had enough so she only painted a few parts and I finished them.

I like how the white acrylic paint actually shows up!
And as always, it's so hard to get a good picture of a suncatcher, but they really are pretty in the window.

 If you don't have prints on your paper towels, you could always draw your own design with a Sharpie!


No comments: