Thursday, February 26, 2015

Horton's Clover Craft

Here is a quick craft to go along with the book Horton Hears a Who by Dr. Seuss. I traced a flower cookie cutter and then enlarged it to make my clover template. I cut out the clover from many different colors of construction paper. Then I cut big squares of tissue paper that matched the clovers. The kids scrunched up the tissue paper, dipped them in glue and stuck them all over the clover.

When it was dry, they cut a strip of green paper to make a stem. I taped it to the back of the clover.
A few days prior I had taken a picture of each child with their hands around their mouth, with their mouth open, to look like they were shouting.
I printed them out wallet size, cut them out and stuck them in the tissue paper using a glue stick.
I displayed them in the hall with the title, "A Person's a Person, No Matter How Small." And I printed out a few "WE ARE HERE" phrases to put up among the clovers.


The kids' pictures are definitely bigger than the Who in the story, which actually was an entire town of Whos on a speck of dust on a clover, but you get the idea.

For another Horton Hears a Who craft, check out what we made a few years ago here.

No comments: