Monday, March 11, 2013

Painting with Peeps

Well, I'm still waiting for this baby to make her appearance, so in the meantime I thought I'd try out a new way to paint: with Peeps!
So I bought a couple boxes of peeps, mixed up some paint and let the kids paint with them however they wanted.


If you use the bunnies you could have a cute bunny stamp, but I like that the head of the chick was a little handle for the kids to hold. So this was more of an abstract art project. Some kids used it like a stamp,

 
and some smeared it around.

I noticed a couple things while the kids were painting. The peeps left a little sugar behind,
which was actually very cool. Some parts even dried shiny. Also, the pink peep turned the yellow paint orange!
 The kids loved that. It was a very fun activity that I hope to do again!

2 comments:

Julian Levi said...

I love this amusing colorful post... thanks for sharing.
outdoor games for children

Rachel@I Heart Crafty Things said...

What a fun idea! I'm anxiously awaiting baby news!! :) With that being said, I know your anxiousness is about a million times more than mine! Haha Sending thoughts and prayers that all goes well for you and the baby.