Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pot o' Gold

I took this potted rainbow craft from Mom on Timeout and combined it with this St. Patrick's Day craft from B.Inspired, Mama! plus added my own thing to come up with today's project. It all started with a pot of gold. I drew half a pot on folded black paper so when I cut it out, it was a symmetrical pot. Then I cut out some yellow "bumps" to use as the gold and glued it to the back of the pot.
In the morning the kids came over one at a time and painted glue onto the yellow paper, then sprinkled gold glitter on top.
During art time, I put out light blue construction paper (cut in half), colored popsicle sticks, glue and cotton balls.
 The kids glued on the popsicle sticks really close together to make a rainbow.
Then they glued their pot at the bottom of the rainbow.
Finally, they added some cotton balls to the top for clouds.

I was worried that each one would look exactly the same, but they didn't. Every child made it a little bit differently.
I was thinking of asking the kids what they hope to find at the ends of their rainbows, and then writing it on their projects, but I'm not sure yet. We'll see how crazy tomorrow is!

No comments: